We hope our Hardship Care arrangement has made things easier for you during this difficult time. When your arrangement comes to an end, things will start getting back to normal:
- For a credit card, your repayment amounts will reset to your regular minimum monthly repayment, and your interest rate will reset to Gem’s standard interest rate for your product(s).
- For a loan, your repayments will revert to the amount listed in the repayment schedule we provided at the start of your Hardship Care arrangement, and your interest rate will reset to the rate outlined in your credit contract.
- Standard fees and charges will resume on your product(s), where applicable.
Spending again on any of your Gem credit cards.
A spending block will have been placed on all of your Gem credit cards during your Hardship Care arrangement.
Your financial wellbeing is important to us and we want to help you get back on track, so there's a number of things we consider before lifting any spending blocks on your credit card(s).
Refer to our article: Why can’t I spend with my card if my Hardship Care arrangement has ended? for more information about eligibility to spend again on your card(s).
Additional Hardship Care support.
If you’re worried about resuming full repayments or need further support, we want to help. The best thing to do is give us a call 0800 433 033.
- We’ll ask for more information this time around and it may take a bit longer than your first. application, but don’t worry - the more we know about your current income and expenses, the more we can understand and help.
- Help us by providing any additional information we need, and we’ll get back to you within 20 working days of requesting that information from you.
- We’ll create an action plan to get you back on track or we’ll suggest other support options for you to consider.
Want to know more? Click here to view our other articles about Hardship Care.
Need more advice?
If you’re worried about your finances, you can get free and confidential advice from an independent service such as MoneyTalks. They offer over-the-phone budgeting support, or they can put you in touch with a local Financial Mentor for face-to-face help.