If you are concerned about a transaction appearing on your statement that may not be yours, you can raise a dispute and we’ll investigate it.
What to do first before disputing a transaction?
There are a few things to consider before you contact us about a dispute:
- Some businesses use a different trading name or location to what your statement shows. If the amount charged looks familiar but you don’t recognise the name of the merchant, you may want to check your receipts to see if the amount charged matches a recent purchase or try a Google search on the name you see listed.
- A delay up to 7 days between your purchase date and when it’s charged to your account can happen.
- The amount may slightly differ because of merchant’s transaction fees or surcharges (e.g. public holiday surcharge), or if a purchase has been made overseas or from a merchant located overseas.
- If you have an additional cardholder/account holder, check if they recognise the transaction.
How do I dispute a transaction?
It’s important to check all the details of your transaction/s on the Latitude Mobile App, Latitude Service Centre or your statement before lodging a dispute form. If you are sure that the transaction is suspicious/an error, complete the Dispute a Transaction form online. You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Transaction amount
- Merchant name: specify the exact merchant name/description of the transaction as it appears on your statement or in your transaction history.
- Multiple transactions: select “Yes” if you wish to report multiple transactions.
- Number of transactions and Date of last transaction: if you are reporting multiple transactions, specify the number of transactions and the date of the last disputed transaction.
- Type of dispute: select the reason for the dispute:
- Fraud (unauthorised transactions)
- ATM dispute (cash not dispensed from ATM)
- Duplicate transaction
- Purchase details (charged incorrect amount, goods/service not received, posted incorrect date)
- Retail finance (interest free promotion)
What happens after you lodge a dispute with us?
- Once we receive your completed form, we will investigate.
- We’ll ensure that you are regularly updated about the progress of our investigation. If we require any further information, we will contact you using the contact details provided in the form.
- If the transaction was found to be invalid/unauthorised, we’ll credit the account your dispute was raised from.