If you’ve made a payment and it’s missing from your Gem account, it could be for a few reasons:
- Depending on the payment method used, payments can take up to 5 business days to appear in your account.
- Payment hasn’t been processed by your financial institution.
- Incorrect or blank reference details were used on the payment.
Missing payments troubleshooting guide
Once you’ve confirmed with your financial institution that the payment has gone from your account we will need the following information to log a query:
- Bank account number the payment came from
- Bank account number the payment was made into
- Any reference number, code, or particulars entered on the payment
If you made your payment at NZ Post or at Westpac with cash or your Gem credit card, you may need to send a copy of the receipt provided to you and the following information:
- Reference number
- Receipt number and location of the NZ Post/Westpac branch used
If you don’t have a receipt, you’ll need to visit the NZ Post/Westpac branch where you made the payment and obtain a copy of the receipt.
If you made a payment by cheque, you can raise a missing cheque payment with your bank. If the funds have been cleared from your bank account, we’ll need the following information to lodge a query into the missing payment:
- Presentation date and cheque number (if applicable)
- Account number cheque should be drawn on
- Name / account number the cheque was addressed to
- Address the cheque was mailed to and the date
You can submit an enquiry to track the missing payment via our online form: